Renault has revealed that all four drivers using its engines will have upgrades from tomorrow.
Previously, the latest upgrade, said to be the French manufacturer's last of 2016, was to be given to Max Verstappen only. This was because the Dutch driver was out of sync with the other three Renault-powered drivers, only on three engines thus far this season while the rest were on four.
The upgrade is understood to centre on the ignition and spark plugs and aimed at optimising a new fuel being provided by Total this weekend.
However, while Verstappen received a new internal combustion engine (ICE), MGU-H, MGU-K and turbocharger, for today's sessions, his fourth of each component of the year, the other three drivers can have their engines upgraded without the need of a new unit.
Quickest in the opening session and third in the second, Verstappen dismissed claims that he would be the only driver with the upgrade this weekend even though Renault MD Cyril Abiteboul had said the other drivers would have access to the upgrade until Malaysia.
Due to his out of sync engine cycle, Verstappen ran with his new (upgraded) power unit in today's sessions, while Ricciardo wasn't scheduled to run his (upgraded) race engine until tomorrow, as will be the case with Renault works drivers Kevin Magnussen and Jolyon Palmer.
Check out our Friday gallery from Singapore, here.